Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Back from the Near Dead

My blog has sat idle for some time now, but that makes me unhappy. I like to write to my blog.

First, I had all the moving stuff. That's finally done, as I've mentioned.

Then, I had a trip to Maryland to visit Olympia and the kids.

The last day of my trip, I started filling ill. As it turns out, I had the flu, and I had it worse than I can remember since I was a kid. I have a vague memory from childhood about being that sick. I think it was during the time we lived in Alaska before our 18 month sojourn to Arizona. I recall laying in bed utterly miserable and Dad coming in to check on me periodically and looking really worried. That was over twenty years ago, but especially last Thursday, I think I was there again.

I'm still under the weather, coughing and having occasional other weirdness going on, but I'm up and reasonably functional again. We had our daily bug triage meeting a little over an hour ago, and during that meeting I suddenly felt like my right eye was going to just start spewing blood or something, there was so much pressure there, but then it just kind of went away. Let's all hope that stuff doesn't continue.

No comments: