Saturday, July 03, 2004

Jigsaw Puzzle Mania

It's been a very busy week, except that when I've been home I've done little else this week except work on jigsaw puzzles. I was anxious to complete one called "The Breath of Gaia" which I was working on as a gift for Roberto's daughter Gaia. I had already finished the one intended for Giusseppe (I now realize I'm not precisely sure how to spell his name - ack!) that's of a fire wizard and glows under black light.

Roberto and Monica have been very good friends of mine for some time and I really love their kids, too. Putting together a couple puzzles for the kids, then gluing them so they become artwork was something I got the idea to do awhile back, and I've finally had the opportunity. I gave them to them yesterday, so it's okay to post here about it now. I think Roberto reads my blog sometimes and I didn't want to spoil the surprise.

I haven't done puzzles for a long time, and I'm finding their still a lot of fun - more now that I am in the mode of thinking I'll glue them together so they are kept. I have to decide if I'm up to the challenge of this huge puzzle I saw at Uncle's Games, a Ravensburger puzzle with 5000 pieces. The largest I've completed that I remember is 1500, although I was close to finishing a 2500 piece puzzle once when Olympia and my parents tried to move it from the first floor to the basement of our house in Rockville and dropped it down the stairs.

No comments: