Thursday, July 08, 2004

National Airport continued

OK, so my bag didn't come around again after all.  I got up to get it and noticed that an airline guy had pulled it and three other bags off the carousel and was about to take it back to a baggage office.  Oh, no!  Disaster looms!  I might have to go buy it off unclaimedbaggage.com!
 
But I did get it, so everything's okay.  Then I went outside to wait for my ride.  That's where I am now, sitting in a Spirit Airlines wheelchair, looking like a very computer savvy guy who can't walk.  I wonder what it will look like to others who are just seeing me for the first time when I get up?  Maybe as I get up I'll yell something about Jesus and miracles.
 
One thing I have to say about Washington, DC - it's really damn hot here!  After living in Seattle the past 18 months, I've been very happy to have mostly milder weather.  It's not as hot in the summer (most of the time) and nowhere near as cold in the winter.  I prefer cool weather, unlike Olympia, who isn't happy until the asphalt is melting.  I'm fine with simply putting on a jacket.  Maybe that's just because I just look better in jackets.  (A guy just walked by wearing socks and sandals, which I insist just looks plain stupid on anyone.  I thought they only did that on the West Coast.  Maybe he's visiting, too.)
 
Did I mention it's really damn hot?
 

No comments: