Thursday, July 08, 2004

National Airport in DC

I've just arrived on the plane from Seattle for a long weekend visit to Maryland, and the airport is not what I expected.  Apparently, Alaska Airlines has moved around where it is in National from the last time I was here.  Coming out of the airplane, instead of getting on one of those huge "people movers," you just walk down a fairly short hallway into a big room that has ticket counters and baggage claim in the same room.  The TSA luggage scanner is sitting right in the middle of the room.  (Oh, look, there goes my bag on the carousel... good thing it'll come around again.)  I couldn't even find where my baggage was going to come in at first, as the Alaska Airlines flight was listed on the Northwest (there's my bag again) display.  Of course, with only two baggage carousels, how far would I have to go?  The flight arrived in record time, 45 minutes ahead of schedule, so I have a bit of waiting to do for my ride to show up.  I only wish (there's my bag again) that this huge room had a wireless network, either free or T-Mobile.  I now associate Starbucks with wireless networking rather than coffee, since I have never like coffee, but like wireless networking quite a bit.  (There's my bag again.)  I guess I'll put the laptop away and go get my bag, which I figure will be coming around in just a moment - you think?

No comments: