Monday, October 04, 2004

[Politics] Good Reporting on CNS

Look at this article:
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200410\SPE20041004a.html

While I doubt that this article is going to change anyone's mind about it's topic (WMDs in Iraq and Iraqi connections to terrorism), I think the reporting is quite good and an interesting contrast to the recent brouhaha about Dan Rather and CBS News. I don't think it's going to change anyone's mind because even if we suddenly found a secret stash of WMDs in downtown Baghdad, there'd be plenty of people prepared to say, "Put there by whom?"

Note though, that this article, while not revealing by name the source of the documents they've been given, goes to great lengths right up front to discuss the experts that have been consulted on authenticity and what those experts said. Reading it, I found myself thinking, "Wow, I guess even if CBS didn't learn much from their recent experiences, it appears that either this guy did or he already knew how to demonstrate credibility."

I think I'll have to pay more attention to CNSNews.com now. I'm impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I''ll be back. Later :)