Thursday, January 20, 2005

Photo Albums Online

I finally got around to putting some of my pictures from Hawaii online in photo albums. I don't have them all up or any kind of index to them, but here's what I have so far.

Opeakaa Falls
http://warpeyes.com/albums/Hawaii%20-%20Opaekaa%20Falls/index.html
This short hike takes you down a relatively secret path that leads to the base of a pretty significant waterfall. If you don't know about the path (that is, didn't pick up the right guidebook and read about it, or hear from a local, both of which I did) you'd never know you could get there and would have to content yourself with the view from the highway-accessed parking lot. The last few pictures in the album are from there.

Outfitters Day Trip
http://warpeyes.com/albums/Hawaii%20Outfitters%20Trip/
I bought a timeshare while in Hawaii. Since I'd agreed to go listen to their sales pitch, I got a full-day "adventure" package for something like $18. These photos are from that day. The large pool with the rope swing at the end was especially impressive, but there was a limit to how much I could photograph since I was busy swimming instead. That particular spot was especially interesting to me, since it was where they filmed the opening scenes of "Raiders of the Lost Ark," which is one of my favorite movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And just who ARE those hugely smiling people? Relatives? Friends?

Curious minds want to know.