Thursday, September 01, 2005

*Cough, cough*, Dad?

I just got off the phone with my dad. Just after I hung up, I coughed twice. These two events, talking with Dad and coughing, in such time proximity to one another reminds me of how as an adult, I now cough exactly like my dad does. So does my brother, Adam. In fact, I pointed this out to Adam once and he said, "Yeah, I've noticed, too. When I do cough, it's always, *cough, cough*, Dad? Is that you?"

Eerie. I guess we do all become our parents eventually, in so many ways.

2 comments:

bigsip said...

That's funny, scary, and true. I see myself bocoming more and more like my Dad, too. I think the trick is to try to just be like him in all his good ways and throw out the rest. We pick up more attributes, mannerisms, etc. than we realize!

bethany said...

What a depressing post. ;)