Wednesday, September 21, 2005

How My Shoes Got Wet

OK, between comments and email, apparently people want to know how I got my shoes so wet last night. Here it goes:

I went to get some dinner fairly late at TGI Friday's in Kirkland. (I actually wanted chicken wings from Wing Dome, but got there just minutes too late.) In front of the restaurant is a fountain and around the fountain are a bunch of bronze statues of people. One is of a little kid, pointing, who's standing right on the edge of the fountain.

I was walking around the fountain and didn't notice the kid statue until I suddenly thought there was someone there. I spun around to see who had snuck up behind me and whacked my side on hand of the statue. That hurt a lot (I have a bruise today) and I jumped back - directly into the fountain.

As I waded my way out, a woman walking by was laughing at me, which was okay, because I thought it was pretty funny, too. I told her, "Did you see that? That statue pushed me in! What a jerk!"

1 comment:

bethany said...

HA HA HA!!! That is a GREAT story. I love that you could laugh at yourself about it. Because it is dang funny. :)