Saturday, December 18, 2004

24

I don't have cable at the moment, so when I get in front of the TV it's either to play an Xbox game or to watch movies or series that been put on DVD.  I'm trying to do less of that, because it can really suck up a lot of time and I have plenty of other things I could spend that time on, but I've seen some interesting stuff lately.  I watched over a lot of nights the first season of 24, the Kiefer Sutherland series.  It turns out the dev lead for our team at Microsoft is a big fan of the series, too, and he tells me season two is fantastic.  We were talking about how cool it would be to watch it in real time, which is how it's presented in the series and part of what makes it so intriguing.
 
So Tuesday I'm going to Michael's house and we're going to watch all 24 episodes back-to-back, starting at 8am.  Since the commercials are removed and we can skip past open titles, that's about 16 hours of video, but not only will we watch a very cool show, that's something to talk about!  A couch potato fantasy!  Talk about sucking up a lot of time!
 
I can hardly wait...
 

No comments: