Sunday, December 19, 2004

Apparently, Watermelon Contains Watermelon

I was at the supermarket in the fruits and vegetables area getting some salad. There was a display with cut watermelon in halves and quarters. Since they were cut, they were wrapped in plastic and had labels on them. I happened to read one of the labels. It read, "Cut Watermelon Quarter." Under that, it read, "Ingredients: Watermelon". Thank goodness they let me know that.

Of course, since I have a hard time seeing something that funny without sharing, I picked up one of the cut watermelon quarters, turned to a supermarket employee that was nearby, and said, "Excuse me, can you tell me what's in this? Oh, sorry, never mind - it has it right here. Ingredients: Watermelon."

Odd look, nervous laughter. I get that a lot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Odd look, nervous laughter.  I get that a lot.... and then the clerk ran from the room, screaming, "Dementia. Dementia. The madness is upon me."

Shrug. Welcome to the family.

the elder