Thursday, May 27, 2004

Olympia's New Job

Olympia (my wife, for those readers that may not yet be aware) has just been offered a job by the American Red Cross. It turns out that she'll be getting more salary at this job than any she's previously had. It's also a mix of work that's perfect for her - 25% research, 75% administrative.

I'm really happy for her and proud of her for getting a quality job so quickly. I felt confident she would, and it's great that my confidence in her abilities was so right on target.

Obviously, her taking a job, especially this particular job for reasons I won't get into right now and after so many years at home focused on raising our children, will mean some significant changes to our lives. I'm sure we'll work through them, but it's certainly true that even good changes cause stress.

No comments: