Saturday, May 22, 2004

Ready Steady Go

There's a Paul Oakenfold mix called Ready Steady Go. I think I'm going to make that my anthem. As I get my stuff together for the trip to San Diego, I find myself also laying out a set of goals - things I want to do over the next week. Some of them are TechEd related, such as recruiting more people to come to our focus groups. Some of them are related to other work, like working with Chandana and Ram to come up with sample review goals people at Microsoft can use to guide their experiences in community participation over the next year. Some are personal, like I want to take some time to reflect on what affirmations I should consider to make the most important changes I desire in my life.

I've not used goal setting so much until coming to Microsoft. I did a little of it before, but I've really focused on this much more lately. That's good, because it works.

Affirmations is a different thing, and is the favorite method of David Allen, author of Getting Things Done, for focusing on the future. I still have to work on improving my ability to use affirmations. I want to spend a little time setting up my list of affirmations this next week. I'll probably share at least a few here on this blog.

No comments: