Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Cat Stevens Booted From US

http://rdu.news14.com/content/headlines/?ArID=55611&SecID=2

Cat Stevens, for those that don't know, was the name under which 70's folk-pop singer Steven Georgiou performed. In my teens, I really liked his music and used to listen to it a lot. Later, it was less my style although to this day I have a couple of his songs on my computer and listen to them here and there.

He had disappeared and was presumed dead way back when, but later resurfaced with a new name, Yusuf Islam, after his conversion to Islam. Now, his ties to radical Islam are high enough that he's being deported today by the US' Department of Homeland Security and has been added to the no-fly list.

I must say, I'm very disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

------
Now, his ties to radical Islam are high enough that he's being deported today by the US' Department of Homeland Security and has been added to the no-fly list.
------

Well, at least that's what the Department 'says'. They also tend to classify as 'radical' anyone or any group that takes issue with the way American power is used in the world to support American interests. I think that that's something that's more justified in being disappointed about.

I'm just waiting for the day Tom Ridge reveals his true nature and begins speaking like the SS commander on Hogan's Heroes.