Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Demo Day

Our team did a demo of our upcoming release today. I was the one running through the application while Michael, our PM lead, did the in-between talking. Unfortunately, due to a number of technical problems with getting our demo server set up, we didn't have the time to practice we had intended, so this demo was only the second time through the script and the first time via LiveMeeting.

The first ten minutes were just awful. I would start the registration process and the PowerPoint deck also in LiveMeeting would do some kind of timed transition and my screen would switch to that. Navigating back to the web page would reload it and I'd have to start over. Finally someone on the phone suggesting trying to share the desktop instead of embedding the web page in LiveMeeting. That worked much better, although I went through the whole registration process on the wrong site, so had to do it again.

After that, it went much better. The demo parts were pretty solid, with only one or two places where something unexpected happened. Our voiceover stuff was pretty weak, which is to be expected for having had almost no practice. I expect we'll do more demos and it'll get better.

All in all, I'm relieved it's over, although we had a pretty good reception to our work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Any unresolved differences can be posted to the "PostSecret" site and you can move on. Thanks for sharing both of these, I love your blog.