Saturday, May 07, 2005

Working Saturday

So, I'm off to work again this morning. This is the fourth weekend in a row that I've headed in to the office. The funny thing is, I don't actually have that much in the way of work to do. I'm going because our entire team was instructed to come in and sitting out would be less than supportive of the team.

The whole team's supposed to come in because our project schedule, while still looking pretty good, only allocates a certain amount of time for bug fixes and has a couple people that are lagging behind enough that we're having other people help them out. As such, coming in on the weekend helps ensure a product delivery that's on time even with a few unexpected last minute issues to address.

As a program manager, focused primarily on planning schedule and feature specifications, it makes sense that I'd be basically done for this version. I can empty my inbox and I can test the latest build of the application, and those are good things, but then, what'll I do on Monday? I guess I will start thinking hard about the next version!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your team appreciates your support...and if you run out of PM work to do, perhaps you could go for sandwiches or do admin work...