Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A Good Walk is Good

I've been feeling pretty low since the car accident. I still feel physically pained and there's an emotional element to it as well that's harder to isolate or understand. Tonight, though, I had an urge to just walk somewhere, so I did, and I think that's helped.

I went from my apartment to the Whole Foods and had some dinner there, as they have tables where you can eat the just purchased prepared hot foods. From there I walked to Cheesecake Factory and had some 6 carb cheesecake, which is surprisingly good - which is something I guess I should expect from a company owned by Overtons. Then I walked home, stopping to exchange a movie at Blockbuster and deposit a check at Wells Fargo.

When I got home, I checked the distances on Google maps and found that the total trip was around 3.5 miles. Not a bad bit of walking for an evening, although my hip joints are kind of sore, as they have been for the last five days or so. I think it was only in the last little bit, after the stop at the bank, when I really started feeling a tinge of "up." A little at a time, I guess.

No comments: