Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Heading North

Yeah, I'm in Seattle, which is already pretty northern, but there's always Alaska. I'm heading out tonight for Fairbanks. My grandmother is very sick with an uncertain near-term future and my father's under a lot of stress. He even said he needs my help, which is a big step for, well, anyone from our stubborn, independent, never-ask-for-anything family.

I'm hoping Grandma will pull through, but illness is always touch-and-go with people in their late nineties, like she is. I'm taking my laptop, so I'll post more along the way.

3 comments:

bigsip said...

I'll keep your Grandma and family in my prayers. Hope your trip goes well.

bethany said...

I echo the prayers. I am working as a hospice chaplain this summer, so I'm currently especially aware of what an exhausting and emotionally trying time that can be. Peace be with you.

DarkTortoise said...

She wants to thank people. I'm going to see about having her record a voice message that will appear on this blog.